with Ad Hoc Distribution
This page will show you how to install an application you've received via
Ad Hoc distribution.
- Please Note:
You should only follow these instructions if you know and trust the person
who sent you the application. While you have some assurance that
applications distributed via Apple's App Store have been tested by Apple
and are safe, you have no such assurance about apps distributed via
Don't take apps from strangers.
Once you have receive an email with a .zip file for an iPhone or iPod Touch
application, follow these instructions:
- Plug your iPhone or iPod touch into your computer, as you normally do.
- Find the email from Timefold with the .zip attachment for your beta test
- Create a new folder somewhere where you can save the attachment.
- Save the attachment to the new folder you created.
- Double-click the .zip file in that folder. It will extract two items:
A file ending in .mobilprovision and an application bundle
- Drag the file ending in .mobileprovision onto the iTunes icon in your dock.
- Drag the application bundle onto the iTunes icon in your dock.
- Confirm that the application is installed in iTunes by clicking the
word "Applications" in the left pane (probably right below Podcasts).
- Sync your iPhone or iPod Touch to install both the certificate and the
- Confirm that the application has been installed on your device by going
to the device's home page and looking for the application. If you don't see
it, swipe the screen to look at the next screenful of icons. It will probably
have been added to the last screen.
- Run the application by tapping its icon. If the application runs, you
are ready to begin using it.